: IFAPA's main programs involve peacemaking through interfaith dialogue around specific development themes (water, education, youth and women). IFAPA hopes that the interfaith angle of their initiatives grows a base of peace ambassadors within communities through shared values, cultures and traditions, which in turn strengthen co-existence. IFAPA strives to ensure that the following concerns are mainstreamed in all its initiatives and activities:
- Equal participation of women.
- Involvement of youth in interfaith action for peace in Africa.
- Promotion of interfaith dialogue and cooperation between faith communities at the grassroots level.
- Integration of African traditional approaches to peacemaking in conflict resolution programs and ?initiatives.
- The intersections between promoting development and promoting peace.